So I had written this piece from the heart but WordPress refreshed and deleted my entire content. All I can do is laugh about it because of the title…It really is funny how things work out. Here is hoping the same inspiration comes…
Here goes… I wrote down my first 5 year plan when I was 25 years old. It covered the overall vision for my life and broke down my goals into personal, spiritual, health, financial and career goals.
I was initially very diligent about it, breaking it down into monthly and even weekly targets, so I was maintaining an 80/20, or there about, success rate.
However, by the third year which was around when I started investment banking and broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years for childish reasons on both our parts… I stopped monitoring and evaluating or even referring to the goals in my plans and decisions.
However, as I look back and plan my goals for the next 5 years I could not imagine the trajectory my life has taken. Ironically it is still inline with the overall vision, which goes to show that some of the decisions I made in distress or what may appear impulsive were actually inspired.
So I remain grateful.
- I am grateful for my accomplishments which have benefitted not only me but have had impact around me
- I am grateful for my setbacks that have taught my lessons
- I am grateful for my condition that shows the importance of balance
- I am grateful to my weaknesses which requires me to surrender to a high power
- I am grateful for my strength which remind me that I have value and my actions matter
Therefore, as you welcome a new day, be grateful for the past, the present and the future. Live with renewed faith, unending hope and an attitude of love.
p.s. hmmm I think the first take was longer and better styled but this revision ain’t bad either. LOL… sometimes people like short but punchy.